UCSF Health announces a national search for Associate Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer (AVP/CNO) - Benioff Children’s Hospitals and The Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital.
The Associate Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer (AVP/CNO) - Benioff Children’s Hospitals and The Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital provides strategic direction, executive level leadership, planning, organization and general management for all aspects of patient care at the BCH campuses at Mission Bay and Oakland, ensuring integration of services and compliance with long range objectives and strategies, including the provision of excellent quality services and the practice of sound business practices.
As a key member of senior leadership, the AVP/CNO contributes to the development and implementation of major strategic goals and direction, and provides vision for all aspects of patient and quality of care issues.
The AVP/CNO is responsible for nursing practice, and overall administrative, operational, and financial functions of pediatric nursing and clinical services throughout BCH and BIMWH, which includes The Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital and Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco, Oakland and Licensed Ambulatory Practices. In addition, this position oversees Oakland Children’s clinical support services. This includes proactively identifying progressive approaches to deliver patient care and enhance overall patient satisfaction, and culture of nursing and clinical services. The AVP/CNO will have a patient first philosophy, foster strong partnerships with the medical staff and bring an inclusive and collaborative approach to the Department of Nursing.
ABOUT UCSF BENIOFF CHILDREN’S HOSPITALS
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco is recognized throughout the world as a leader in health care, known for innovation, technology and compassionate care. For more than a century, we have offered the highest quality medical treatment.
Today, we are one of the top children's hospitals in the nation, according to a ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our expertise covers virtually all pediatric conditions, including cancer, heart disease, neurological disorders, organ transplants and orthopedics as well as the care of critically ill newborns.
Our new, state-of-the-art, 183-bed UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco offers emergency care and specialty outpatient services. We have programs designed specifically for young patients, such as a 50-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery, recreational therapy for recovering kids and outreach clinics throughout Northern California. Our doctors were the first in the world to successfully perform surgery on a baby still in the womb. They also developed life-saving treatments for premature infants whose lungs aren't fully developed.
Hospital services customized for young patients include:
• Child Life to help children and their families adjust to hospitalization and make their stay as positive as possible
• Social workers who are trained in the needs of children and their families
In the area of neurology and neurosurgery, we are one of the leading hospitals in the nation. We have the largest brain tumor treatment program in the nation and the only comprehensive epilepsy center in Northern California.
We also have one of one of the nation's largest centers for kidney and liver transplants. Our HIV/AIDS program is the most comprehensive in the nation and our surgical eye care program is the largest in Northern California. In the area of orthopedics, we are internationally recognized for treating the spine, including deformities, degenerative disc disease, tumors and fractures.
In addition to that world-class medical knowledge, the compassion of our doctors, nurses and other staff are key to our success. We receive countless letters of gratitude from patients and their families, a true measure of the valuable and caring service we provide.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Master’s degree in business, nursing, health care administration or a related field. Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
• Seven to ten years of increasingly responsible experience in hospital management, preferably in an academic medical center. 5 years of Pediatric experience required. Women’s experience is preferred.
• Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of health care delivery, including strategy, business planning, operations and financial conditions
• Served in a magnet organization or understands the principles of shared governance and interdisciplinary collaboration
• Expertise in all aspects of assigned functions, as well as development and management of operational and capital budgets
• Proven administrative skills including the ability to organize tasks and provide clear direction and leadership to others. Proven ability to work effectively with other health professionals, including physicians and administrators.
• Demonstrated understanding of the roles of teaching, research and patient care in the academic medical center and active participation in improvements relevant to each mission
• Ability to comply with all nurse practice and medical center policies and procedures for infection control, safety, administrative and clinical practice. Ability to comply with activities mandated by The Joint Commission/Title 22, CLIA, etc.
• Knowledge of strategic planning and its relevance to nursing operations and future direction
• Knowledge of management information systems and its relevance to practice, quality and safety
• Strong verbal, written and negotiating skills. Able to demonstrate consensus and inclusive practice in key situations
For more information or to confidentially discuss this position, contact:
Amanda Hargrove, Senior Operations Leader
Internal Number: 1001
About InTrust Partners
As former executives, we have been a client as well as a candidate of numerous searches & experienced first-hand the impact of “off limits” issues, excessively long & frustrating searches, & infrequent and impersonable interactions. With over 60 years of executive search experience, we have translated our knowledge into a proven model of success.
Unlike some firms that seek to work with as many clients as possible, InTrust Partners pursues long-term strategic partnerships with a select group of clients to minimize “off limits & non-compete” issues to find & present the best candidates.
Our healthcare & higher education backgrounds and national network of trusted colleagues gives us unique insights and an edge in deeply vetting candidates to ensure optimal fit to both the role & the culture.
Like our clients, we build trusted relationships with candidates and their families to ensure we secure the ideal candidate of choice.
BACK TO TOP
AONL Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AONL has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AONL Career Center.