Methodist Converse Emergency Center, a department of Northeast Methodist Hospital, will open this fall to serve the Converse and surrounding area with our 24/7 freestanding emergency center. The most common complaints among patients visiting our emergency centers are: chest pain, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, extremity injuries, fever, motor vehicle accidents, back pain, pregnancy complaints, skin infections, animal bites, pediatric illness and lacerations. Our compassionate team of medical professionals work to stabilize critical patients experiencing: acute myocardial infarction, cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, stroke, subarachnoid bleed, trauma (including amputations), overdose, spinal cord injuries, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, pulmonary embolus and pneumothorax. After stabilization, patients are transported to a Methodist hospital in San Antonio.
The Director Emergency Services FSED assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department. Provides oversight to ancillary departments such as Imaging, Lab, Admitting, Security, Environmental Services, and Support Services.
Service • Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
People • Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
Quality • Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
Finance • Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Growth • Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
Community • Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
•3+ years of experience in emergency services Required
•3+ years of experience in leadership role Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training: •Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
•Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
•Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) Required
•Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred Required
• Reference HCA LEADS
Internal Number: 27536-94679
About HCA Healthcare
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 199,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Richard M. Bracken serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and R. Milton Johnson is the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer.HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and ...to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.