HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Assistant Chief Nursing Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Celebrating more than a 60 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. The 204-bed acute care hospital offers 24-hour emergency room services, heart and vascular care, orthopedic and spine care, women’s services and outpatient behavioral health, wound care, diagnostics, laboratory and rehab services.
The Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) assists the CNO in executive-level management of resources, strategic planning and development of policies and procedures which ensure congruence with the mission and vision of the organization. The ACNO has operational and functional responsibility for a group of patient care areas and/or special projects or initiatives. The ACNO will develop communication, knowledge, leadership, professionalism, and business skills necessary to advance to a CNO.
Operations and Outcomes • Assists the CNO in developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs
• Ensures that continuous performance improvement initiatives are designed to measure and improve the quality of care delivered and are consistent with the organization priorities
• Works collaboratively with other patient care and support departments, fostering a climate of open communication and mutual problem solving activities. Initiates and participates in joint performance improvement activities
• Assists in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
• Assumes primary responsibility for projects or task groups as assigned, keeping colleagues informed of the progress toward desired outcome
• Actively participates with others in planning activities associated with design or implementation of renovation or new construction of patient care areas
• Assists in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
Leadership • Represents the nursing services at meetings as deemed necessary; participates with department leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
• Fosters independence and autonomy in all staff members in areas of responsibility. Actively seeks those activities which promote/encourage independent thinking/problem solving behaviors
• Assumes responsibility for continuing education and developmental needs
• Participates in professional organizations and community healthcare related organizations
• Assumes the role of preceptor/instructor for undergraduate or graduate nursing students upon request
• Serves as a positive, professional role model
• Regularly rounds on key constituents (patients, families, employees, and physicians) to enhance communication, ensure alignment, oversee operations, and that the experience is exceptional. Practice • In collaboration with the CNO, formulates policies and procedures consistent with recognized standards of professional practice and reflecting the intent of regulatory standards and maintain authority, accountability, and responsibility for nursing services
• Actively involved in creating a professional practice environment that encourages recruitment and retention of staff in the nursing department
• Assists in providing leadership to nurse employees that will engage their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact their practice
• Fosters a culture conducive to evidence-based practice and clinical research.
• Ensures follow-up to patient complaints and occurrence reports is thorough and timely. Identifies system problems that may contribute to errors and monitors corrective actions to ensure effective resolution.
• Collaborates with nursing educators to ensure that identified learning needs of the nursing staff are promptly addressed and that orientees receive the proper preparation to become independent practitioners
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with physician colleagues and other healthcare providers in assigned areas. Collaborates with these individual to set goals for the areas or develops action plans for patient care or system improvements
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of increased patient satisfaction
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
•Master's degree in nursing or another appropriate postgraduate health science degree is required or proof of enrollment with a written plan to advanced degree completion is required Required
•5+ years of experience in management and supervisory nursing role; most recent 3 of the last 5 years of leadership must have been in a direct leadership role in a hospital setting or direct patient care environment. Required
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
•Specialty certification in Executive Nursing Practice and/or Healthcare Administration Preferred
•Membership in American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics: •Verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills typically acquired through management experience and completion of an advanced degree. Required
•Strong organizational, analytical and communication abilities as well as excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Required
•Exhibits good judgment and emotional stability. Required
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 26670-3051
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 199,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Richard M. Bracken serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and R. Milton Johnson is the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer.HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and ...to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.