HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Emergency Services Department Admin Director to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a healthcare system of hospitals in Corpus Christi and the surrounding Coastal Bend community. Our hospitals and emergency centers are ready to provide the care you need, whether you arrive as an ER patient or just make a regular appointment for a mammogram. Doctors, nurses, medical professionals and all our staff members are ready to help you with the kind of care you need and appreciate.
As part of HCA Healthcare, Corpus Christi Medical Center brings the best in medical care here to South Texas. Our programs focus on the needs of individual patients, while employing the latest techniques and research of 21st-century medicine. We continue that tradition of learning through the work of our medical residency program.
The Emergency Services Department Admin Director assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Services Department, FSED, Emergency Management, and/or other departments as assigned. Major Responsibilities:
Service • Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents. represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in Emergency Services.
People • Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Utilizes talent review data for pipeline development.
• Fosters strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders.
Quality • Enforces standards of care for emergency services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Promotes cooperation/collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care.
Finance • Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Growth • Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Promotes service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office.
Community • Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience: • Bachelor’s Degree Nursing • Master’s degree Nursing or Administration • 5+ years of experience in3+ years of experience in leadership role • 3+ years of experience in3+ years of experience in emergency services
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training: • Currently licensed or eligible as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. • Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) • Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) • Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) • Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 199,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Richard M. Bracken serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and R. Milton Johnson is the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer.HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and ...to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.