DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital has a Level II Trauma Emergency Department, advanced robotic surgery technologies and a focus on compassionate care. Sinai-Grace draws on the history of three community hospitals and has served Northwest Detroit for more than 130 years.
The Patient Safety Officer has primary oversight of the facility-wide patient safety programs. This role directs others within the facility towards process improvements to support the reduction of medical/health care errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. This practitioner provides leadership for safety assessments, coordinates the activities of the patient safety function or committee, educates other practitioners on the system-based cause for medical errors, consults with management and staff, and communicates literature-based ideas regarding effective patient safety strategies to others within the organization.
Investigates patient safety issues within the organization; attends or leads Root Cause Analysis, Focused Reviews and Intense Analysis; ensures compliance with audits and monitoring as defined in actin plans; notifies Risk Management of potential risk issues; revises and develops policies and procedures involving patient safety; oversees the creation, review and refinements of the scope of the Patient Safety Program on an annual basis.
1. Bachelor's degreerequired. Degree in a patient care related field preferred. J.D. or Master'sdegree in Nursing, Health Services, or Patient Safety preferred.
2. Three years of experiencein the healthcare industry. Experience in quality/performance improvementand/or patient safety department preferred.
3. Experience leadinginterdisciplinary initiatives in process improvement or directly improving thereliability of healthcare delivery at the point of care.
1. Analytical ability andcomprehensive knowledge base to identify opportunities for improvement andproblem resolution, to evaluate clinical improvement procedures/techniques, toconduct proactive and retrospective root cause analyses and to analyze andinterpret a variety of data.
2. Interpersonal, verbal andwritten communication skills necessary for contact with executives andphysician leadership to obtain and interpret a variety of information based onknowledge of departmental practices, DMC policies, programs and regulatoryrequirements. Communication skills to work with a team of support personnelfrom multiple departments to facilitate communication and interaction with alllevels of hospital personnel, medical staff and external agencies andorganizations.
3. Teaching skills to developand implement medical/patient safety and quality improvement educationalmaterials/programs for staff at all levels.
4. Leadership skills todirect and facilitate others towards objectives that contribute to the successof the improvement initiatives.
5. Organizational and projectmanagement skills in order to effectively coordinate all aspects of theproject.
6. Ability to workindependently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
7. Presentation skillsincluding the ability to articulate ideas and plans to all types of audiences.
8. Technical knowledge of theprinciples of clinical process improvement, including reduction in practicevariation, the role of feedback to clinicians, the interdisciplinary nature ofimprovement and the evolution of health information to support improvement.
9. Facilitation skills andexperience in leading teams through process improvement and change initiatives
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.