HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Director of Surgical Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee’s first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency care. The facility offers medical and surgical programs, including heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics/spine, and CARF accredited rehabilitation. Behavioral health services are offered at the TriStar Skyline Madison Campus.
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
Service • Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
People • Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and mentor potential future leaders
Quality • Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
• Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
Finance • Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Growth • Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
• Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
Community • Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics: • Reference HCA LEADS
Internal Number: 06020-80837
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 199,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Richard M. Bracken serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and R. Milton Johnson is the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer.HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and ...to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.