The role of chief nursing officer (CNO) affords you the ability to pursue a unique kind of professional achievement. This is your opportunity to be the connection between organizational excellence and the individual triumphs our patients achieve on a daily basis. Apply the vast knowledge, experience and skills you’ve acquired throughout your career to enhance the effectiveness of our teams and the services we proudly offer. Realize the positive, personal impact of leadership on a greater scale with leading post-acute care provider Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (CNO)
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Abilene
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Develop and implement plans for providing nursing care, treatment and services, including the determination of the types/numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
• Develop a patient-focused, team-oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
• Take full responsibility for the quality nursing care provided.
• Represent Nursing on the governing body and other hospital committees.
• Support cultural diversity by ensuring the delivery of quality, equitable, culturally competent, patient-centered care.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment and culture.
• Ensure that cultural diversity and sensitivity training are part of new-employee orientation on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
• Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted) required.
• Current BLS certification essential; ACLS preferred.
• CRRN certification within one year of the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination essential.
• Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related OR a written plan to obtain such qualifications approved by the national CNO and the hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
• Five or more years of experience in an inpatient hospital setting essential.
• Two or more years of recent (within the last five years) nursing management experience, including responsibilities such as 24-hour accountability, FTE management; policy, procedure and budgetary oversight; and conduction of disciplinary action required.
Internal Number: 2019947
About Encompass Health
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special – a team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 37 states as well as Puerto Rico. We’ll encourage and empower you to continually learn and grow with us, and provide you with the resources and support you need to deliver a better way to care. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Our employees work together to ensure superior patient outcomes in various roles, including nursing, therapy, sales and marketing, leadership, case management, support services and other clinical specialties.
Learn about the various roles employees fill at Encompass Health by visiting encompasshealth.com/careers.