HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious VP of Emergency Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Drives operational excellence throughout the service area and leads growth of service line volume within facility, development of new programs and advancement of existing ones. Partners with senior administrators, executives and professional staff to distinguish his/her facilities’ services and experience in the eyes of the physician, patient and consumers.
Major Responsibilities: Note: The following is a list of the essential functions of the job. Most positions can be described in 6-8 major responsibility areas. Combine minor or occasional duties in one last statement. Do not include a duty which occupies 5% or less of the target job’s time unless it is an essential part of the job.
Executes Strategy by: • Scanning the competitive environment, leading business planning process and providing strategies to drive profitable service line growth while reducing costs per case.
• Partnering closely with senior executives, sales and marketing executives and service line management to enable growth strategies.
• Developing business case, including financials, for new program development and capital projects.
• Identifying and driving new physician and volume opportunities for the hospital ensuring alignment with clinical leaders.
• Working together with marketing and physician relations executives to promote the services to physicians and consumers.
• Collaborating with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
Increases Operational Efficiency by: • Monitoring key operational and financial metrics for improvement opportunities.
• Driving process improvement within the service line to increase employee engagement and physicians satisfaction.
• Enabling finding solutions to problems that get in the way of differentiated service.
• Working with hospital administrative team and department director(s) for program development, implementation, execution monitoring and evaluation of services at the hospital.
• Ensuring physician and professional staff have the necessary equipment to perform.
• Participating in hospital annual budgeting process related to service line.
• Engaging with national, division and facility service lines leaders to obtain and share best practices in service line.
• Supporting the recruitment process to secure staffing talent.
Improves Clinical Outcomes by: • Supporting a positive patient experience by providing optimal cost effective delivery of services by physicians and professional staff within a safe department
• Ensuring that oversight, processes and resources are in place to improve clinical outcomes
• Enabling clinical excellence by aligning goals with the clinical leaders and removing barriers for clinical practice as needed
• Communicating to clinical leaders any matters that can affect the clinical operations and deferring clinical judgments to those leaders
• Participating in rounding with patients and meeting with physicians and staff to ensure a high quality patient experience
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience: •Master's degree Required
•3+ years of experience in healthcare required
•3+ years of experience in business development required
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role required
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Internal Number: 01541-19902
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 199,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Richard M. Bracken serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and R. Milton Johnson is the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer.HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and ...to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.