Our OR operates with 24/7 in-house staff. We are a Level II Trauma Center that has a laarge volume of Level I trauma patients. We have a total of 13 rooms, 2 Cystoscopy suites, 4 Endoscopy Suites, offering 13 specialties including: General, Ortho, Urology, Vascular, daVinci Robotics, GYN, ENT, Podiatry, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic (Hearts / Thoracic), OMC (Oral Maxillofacial), Plastics and Trauma.
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
With a Level II Trauma Emergency Department, advanced robotic surgery technologies and a focus on compassional care, Sinai-Grace draws on the history of three community hospitals and has served Northwest Detroit for more than 130 years.
Reporting to directly to the site Chief Operating Officer and indirectly to the site Chief Nursing Officer, and with/through subordinate personnel, assumes leadership responsibility for the services, functions, and processes in Perioperative Services. The job frequently has programmatic responsibilities in Nursing, and influences in recommendation, development and implementation of policy & procedures; equipment standardization; capital planning; standard work measures; recruitment & retention efforts; process improvement initiatives; and, coordination of the Joint Commission Survey Process. Approves procedures/protocols and/or seeks other departmental approvals, as appropriate. Develops, monitors and revises functional processes. Provides input into the development and revision of organizational structure for areas of responsibility. Approves personnel actions, such as hires, fires and disciplines. Ensures the timely completion of performance appraisals. This influence is limited to the site level. Specifically, the position identifies the need for policy development and/or revision, defines policies in collaboration with higher-level management input, goals and objectives. In collaboration with senior leadership, develops and implements current to intermediate goals and measures for areas of responsibility. Measures and assesses performance. As requested, assists in long-range goal development. Develops and monitors budget for areas of responsibility. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
1. Master's degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field. Of two degrees, one must be in Nursing.
2. Seven years of progressively more responsible clinical experience which may be concurrent clinical and/or progressively more responsible management experience.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
1. Analytical ability to create solutions to difficult administrative, technical or human situations, to anticipate and resolve a broad range of issues and concerns on multiple, sometimes unrelated, topics, to determine the need for process development and refinement, to independently evaluate situations and outline ramifications of multiple solutions or options, to recommend goals for a function/area and understand when intervention in current work processes must occur to ensure successful delivery of service.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for contacts with internal and external customers/stakeholders to obtain and interpret a variety of information based on knowledge of departmental practices, DMC policies and programs and specific technical and regulatory knowledge. Discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate; conflict resolution skills must be exercised where policy issues are concerned both within the functional area and interdepartmentally. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read, interpret and write technical materials.
3. Broad technical knowledge of the administration and operations of healthcare functions and facilities including human, legal, technological, fiscal and customer aspects of the delivery of care.
4. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
5. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.