Saint Luke’s Health System is seeking a VP of Patient Capacity and Centralized Staffing. You will be able to utilize your experience in hospital operations combined with your RN background to support the system goal of improving patient access, patient placement and strategic, centralized staffing. You will be responsible for coordination of planning, implementation, operational oversight and strategic development of capacity management across the continuum for Saint Luke’s Health System to improve capacity and throughput. Join us in our vision of being, “The Best Place to Get Care. The Best Place to Give Care.”
Oversight of the Central Patient Logistics Center, which includes the Transfer Team, Patient Placement, and Resource Management Center (RMC)) including appropriate prioritization and distribution of staffing resources across SLHS.
Utilizes multiple artificial intelligence and predictive analytic tools and other data analytics to identify opportunities to implement best practice solutions, improve processes, remove barriers and maximize patient flow to improve efficiencies.
Identifies key metrics to track, collaborate with data analysts on benchmark data, submittal of data requests, interpretation/summary of conclusions, and determination of data to include in dashboards/scorecards.
Collaborates with SLHS leaders, medical staff, departments, and staff integral to the optimization of capacity management. This also includes having several system-level direct reports for departments that impact throughput and capacity.
Collaborates with others within SLHS to assure seamless coordination of care throughout full care continuum by creating efficiencies in day-to-day processes and ensuring timely access to patients for acute care.
Partners with the Co Medical Directors of SLHS Transfer Program to collectively establish and lead a cohesive organizational structure and develop processes that support SLHS care continuum.
Partners with System leaders to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and accrediting bodies and to decrease patient risk events.
Responsible for coordination of budget development and reviews achievements of entities within the scope of responsibilities.
Models the SLHS Leadership Competencies and core values including professionalism, innovation, adaptability, independent judgment and solid decision-making skills.
We are looking for someone who can utilize analytics to drive change and optimize outputs. The ideal candidate will be an RN with an operational background in a hospital setting.
Why Saint Luke’s?:
Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more. This position is also eligible for an additional leadership benefits package.
We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
The opportunity to make an impact on our Health System and the healthcare industry.
We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
Applicable Experience: 3-5 years
Master's Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Internal Number: JobReq0024308
About Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
Pioneering Health Care Innovation
Saint Luke’s Health System includes 16 hospitals and campuses across the Kansas City region, home care and hospice, behavioral health care, dozens of physician practices, a life care senior living community, and more. Saint Luke’s offers:
- The region’s longest continuously-operating, adult heart transplant program, and one of the nation’s top 25 cardiology and heart surgery programs, at Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute
- Treatment for complex brain and spinal cord diseases, and the nation’s leading stroke reversal program dedicated to preventing and treating stroke, at the nationally-ranked Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
- The region’s only treatment center for advanced breast cancer, the Koontz Center for Advanced Breast Cancer at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute
- Saint Luke’s Convenient Care clinics for treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Liver and kidney transplantation programs
- A comprehensive maternal-fetal diagnostic and treatment center
- Four Neonatal Intensive Care Units, including a Level IIIb unit at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
- An eICU, an innovative electronic intensive care patie...nt care and monitoring program that spans multiple hospitals throughout the region and enhances outstanding bedside care
- A nationally-recognized children's behavioral health center, Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City’s Crittenton Children’s Center
BACK TO TOP
AONL Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AONL has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AONL Career Center.