Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center – Chief Nursing Officer Opportunity
Furst Group is proud to partner with Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in the recruitment of a progressive, innovative, and operationally strong Chief Nursing Officer who has experience in an academic/teaching environment where evidence-based care is practiced. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic, and inspirational nurse executive to partner with an academic community hospital to elevate nursing care excellence and put the organization on a pathway to Magnet designation. It is highly preferred that candidates either have or are in the process of obtaining a DNP or PhD.
To learn more about this position, please contact:
• Current Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing with licensure within the state of Maryland or ability to attain one is required.
• Master’s degree in Nursing or related field is required.
• At least ten years of progressive administrative leadership experience overseeing nursing practices and clinical operations in a complex healthcare system with at least five years of leadership experience promoting evidence-based practice, while holding a senior nurse leadership position (Vice President or Chief Nursing Officer).
• Proven track record of establishing efficient and effective systems that support the quality of patient care delivery and clinical outcomes within all disciplines across the system.
• Prior experience working in an academic medical center or academically affiliated teaching hospital.
• Possess broad strategic thinking with a track record of being a role model within nursing who collaborates across clinical functions to achieve organizational goals. Develop nursing leadership and programs that support the advancement of the nursing practice.
• Proven track record working within a community-based environment and representing an organization as a thought leader/advisor.
• A courageous and inspirational leader who brings an energetic and transparent style; ability to elevate nursing excellence.
• Experience creating a structure and an environment for nursing services that empowers and drives participation in decision-making to support the achievement of overall medical center strategic objectives.
• Doctorate of Nursing, highly preferred.
• Experience leading within a Magnet designated health system is a plus.
• Prior experience leading highly regulated specialty clinical programs.
• Presents understanding and working knowledge of Lean philosophies and methodologies is desired.
Internal Number: 6500
About Furst Group
Furst Group is in its fourth decade of providing executive search and consulting services for the healthcare industry. Our experience in evaluating talent, leadership, and culture helps companies align their organizations to execute their strategic initiatives. Our relationships, processes, and attention to details put a premium on service excellence and client satisfaction.We are ranked as one of Modern Healthcare's 10 largest executive search firms, and as one of "America's Best Executive Search Firms" by Forbes.Our talent and leadership solutions provide a comprehensive array of retained executive search and integrated talent management services, from individual leadership development to executive team performance to organizational/cultural assessment and succession planning. As one of the leading firms in our field exclusively focused on healthcare, we provide a depth of understanding and analysis that our clients find most beneficial. We identify, assess, and develop optimal talent to implement your vision, mitigating risk as you build and strengthen your leadership team.Furst Group’s deep roots in all facets of healthcare enable us to guide organizations through the challen...ges of integrated talent management in the post-reform era. Our clients include hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, managed care organizations, medical group practices, healthcare products and services companies, life-science and medical device firms, venture capital- or equity-backed firms, insurance companies, integrated delivery systems, and post-acute and end-of-life care businesses.The opportunities and challenges in healthcare have never been greater than they are today. That is why the acquisition, development, and retention of talent have never been more important. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate, but our job is to make sure we find the most perfect fit – the best candidate for the role, your culture, and your organization.The business of healthcare requires specialists; the business of people requires specialists too. Very few executive search firms specialize in healthcare – an industry that is rapidly changing on an almost daily basis – like Furst Group. However, executive search is more than simply filling an opening. Adding a new executive requires a thorough understanding of the performance and dynamics of your leadership team. One new addition will clearly impact the entire team.Because we understand your business, we can help you assess the overall fit of the executive in your culture. We work to align our client’s talent strategy with its business strategy. We focus on blending new talent with the leadership team to create a maximum impact on your organization.Our record of finding, assessing, and developing optimal talent for our clients is one that we are proud to compare with anyone. Our clients trust our insight on all facets of organizational leadership – from the initial creation of a position to reporting structures, core competencies, and compensation. We are experienced in providing real-time market information as well as generating greater corporate self-awareness of leadership gaps and strengths to help our clients make informed decisions related to the acquisition, alignment, and assessment of leadership talent.