Company and Job Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
This position is responsible for direct patient care operations and for developing and implementing strategies for improving patient care within multiple departments at Christian Hospital. Role model service excellence and builds teams that collaborate with others to serve and exceed the expectations of the hospitals customers. Develops and implements strategies that promote excellent clinical results and seamless patient experience across organizational boundaries. Champions pro-active employee relations, manages conflict and/or change for productive outcomes. Strives for continuous improvement and optimal business results. This position reports to the Vice President of Patient Care.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Monitors operational and financial performance of the department and all aspects of budgets. Monitors operational and financial performance of the department and all aspects of budgets. Ensures the delivery of services and meets all professional standards for excellence in patient care and in other ways is accountable for all areas of influence in ensuring optimal excellence in standards for patient care.
- Researches, evaluates, selects, and implements systems which improve efficiency and savings. Researches, evaluates, and selects systems which improve efficiency and savings. Sets departmental priorities and holds all leaders and staff accountable for achieving goals.
- Develops and implements strategies for efficiency and improvement within the department and the service line and creates appropriate metrics for tracking in accordance with established goals.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 5-10 years of experience
- 5-10 years of supervisor experience
- RN License
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer