- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in IP/OP Psychiatry
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region’s top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri’s largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the inpatient Psychiatric and Delmar Services in accordance with all applicable regulatory agencies and the medical director to assure the highest degree of quality care is provided at all times. Provides leadership and direction to support the department and organizational objectives. Responsible for creating a health work environment to support staff engagement and development. This position will serve as a role model for our values and service standards and build teams that collaborate with others to serve and exceed the expectations of patients, guests and colleagues.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Supports and demonstrates the continuous improvement of quality and service to ensure excellence in clinical outcomes.
- Promotes and ensures continued growth and development in the clinical areas.
- Oversees all administration and clinical operations and is accountable for achieving annual goals outlined for (People, Safety, Quality, Service, Finance)
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Master's Degree
- 5-10 years of experience
- 2-5 years of supervisor experience
- RN License
- 10+ years of experience
- 5-10 years of supervisor experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer