The Associate Vice President, Perioperative Services is responsible and accountable for all administrative and clinical aspects of Perioperative Services including Surgical Suites, Sterile Processing, Endoscopy, PACU, Pre-Anesthesia Clinic, Surgical Scheduling, and our extended recovery area at NL Eastern Maine Medical Center. This person will be responsible for the development of an ambulatory care center.
• 22 ORs which includes 2 Cardiac ORs, 4 Robotics Rooms and 2 Hybrid rooms. 5 Room Endoscopy Suite servicing both inpatient and outpatient.
• Direct reports include 3 Nurse Managers, one for each of the following areas: OR, Endoscopy, Pre/PACU, as well as Sterile Processing Manager, and a Business Manager and 2 Clinical Educators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, healthcare or management related field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare management/business related field.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice preferred.
- Current licensure or eligible as a Registered Professional Nurse, by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Perioperative administrative/leadership in a large tertiary/complex organization and 5 years of perioperative clinical experience.
About Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center:
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) is the acute care specialty referral hospital and ACS-verified level II trauma center for northern, eastern, and central Maine, providing leading-edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among many others. Eastern Maine Medical Center also provides progressive, patient-centered care in several ambulatory and diagnostic facilities and physician practice settings.
At a Glance
• Recently opened the Penobscot Pavilion, a modern facility which includes a state of the art NICU and OR space, that positions the organization to continue serving the northern two-thirds of the state for generations to come
• Offers incredible opportunities for growth—employees perform at the highest level while serving a diverse patient population
• Leader in clinical research in Maine with projects focusing on Alzheimer's, cancer, obesity, patient portals, coronary disease evaluation and treatment, diabetes, cholesterol, and more
Programs of Excellence
• Acute inpatient rehab
• Advanced surgical care
• Cancer care
• Cardiac care
• Family medicine and residency program
• Joint Care Center of Excellence
• Neonatal, pediatric, and adult intensive care
• Primary care physician practices throughout the region
• Specialty care referral system
• Stroke Care Center of Excellence
• Thoracic Surgery
• Trauma care
• Vascular system